By Order of the Director General of AGEPI No. 121 of 31 October 2020 on the application of 2021 version of the 11th edition of the International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks (ICGS), issued pursuant to the decision of the Committee of Experts of the Nice Union (adopted at its 30th session of 2020), starting with January 1, 2021, and until the entry into force of a new version/edition, the 2021 version of the 11th edition of ICGS is implemented.
According to point 1 of the Order:
- in all trademark registration applications with the filing date of 01.01.2021 or later, the goods and/or services will be classified in accordance with 2021 version of the 11th edition of ICGS;
- will not be reclassified the goods and/or services:
- included in the applications with a filing date earlier than 01.01.2021;
- upon renewal of trademark registration;
- In accordance with the recommendations of the Committee of Experts of the Nice Union, AGEPI will insert the abbreviation “NCL (11-2021)” for the list of goods and services in the documents sent, published materials and trademark registration certificates.
Detailed information on the International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks is provided at https://www3.wipo.int/classifications/nice/nclef/public/en/project/NC021