By Order of the Director General of AGEPI No. 128 of 18 November 2021 on the application of the 2022 version of the 11th edition of the International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks (CIPS), issued pursuant to the decision of the Committee of Experts of the Nice Union (adopted at its 31st session of 2021), starting with January 1, 2022, the 2022 version of the 11th edition of ICGS is implemented.
According to point 1 of the Order:
1. in all trademark registration applications with a filing date of 01.01.2022 or later, the goods and/or services will be classified in accordance with the 2022 version of the 11th edition of ICGS;
2. will not be reclassified the goods and/or services:
- included in the applications with a filing date earlier than 01.01.2022;
- upon renewal of trademark registration;
3. In accordance with the recommendations of the Committee of Experts of the Nice Union, AGEPI will insert the abbreviation “NCL (11-2022)” for the list of goods and services in the documents sent, published materials and trademark registration certificates.
Detailed information on the International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks is provided at https://www3.wipo.int/classifications/nice/nclef/public/en/downloadanx/1880/NC022.