The “Tekwill Junior Ambassadors” Competition took place in Chisinau from 01.12.2021 to 23.03.2022, which is part of the “Tekwill in Every School” program.
In its second edition, the competition was organized by the National Association of Information and Communications Technology Companies (ATIC), the “Tekwill” and “EU4Moldova Startup City Cahul” projects, in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Research.
The State Agency on Intellectual Property (AGEPI) participated in the competition as an information partner. The event is part of the World Intellectual Property Day, traditionally celebrated on April 26 and held this year with the main theme “Intellectual Property and Youth - Innovating for a Better Future.”
The aim of the competition was to identify and develop creative digital skills among pupils, use innovative ideas with social impact for the community, increase interest in disciplines in the fields of IT and creativity, and support talented young people in the Republic of Moldova. The pupils, beneficiaries of the courses within the “Tekwill in Every School” project, were able to select a category to complete the final project:
- Graphic Design - creating a visual identity for a local tourist attraction;
- Web Design and Development - creating a website for a local small business;
- Algorithms Programming in C/C++ - solving a problem, in real time, targeting daily, social, human activity, by identifying the right algorithms and writing the code-solution in C/C++ languages;
- Entrepreneurship - elaboration of a business plan for a social business, which is oriented towards the community, the environment or which offers services for the benefit of the population and social inclusion;
- Mobile Application Design and Development - development of a mobile application that offers a solution with a positive impact for the community or environment;
- Artificial Intelligence - developing a project with Artificial Intelligence for a positive impact on the community or the environment.
More than 600 pupil teams registered for this edition. AGEPI representatives participated as members of the jury in the categories Graphic Design, Web Design and Development and Entrepreneurship within the Tekwill Junior Ambassadors competition. Specialists were impressed by the originality of the ideas, and also by the way the pupils used the technology and the new skills developed. In the end, the first 4 teams were selected for the award, which accumulated the maximum score per category, and the award ceremony took place on April 8, 2022.
AGEPI will organize information seminars for the finalist teams, as well as for the owners of the accommodation units in the tourist areas, the latter being the direct beneficiaries of some categories of the competition.
More information about the competition can be found here: https://tekwill.online/en/competition/tekwill-junior-ambassadors