By Order of the Director General of AGEPI No. 252 of 11 December 2017 on the application of the eighth edition of the Vienna Classification issued pursuant to the Decision of the Committee of Experts of the Vienna Union on the International Classification of the Figurative Elements of Marks (adopted at the 7th session of 19-21 October 2016), the eighth edition of the Vienna Classification is being implemented.
According to item 1 of the Order:
- in all trademark registration applications with the filing date of 01.01.2018 or post-date, the figurative elements will be classified according to the 8th edition of the Vienna Classification;
- will not be reclassified the figurative elements:
- included in applications with a filing date prior to 01.01.2018;
- upon renewal of trademark registration;
- in accordance with the recommendations of the Committee of Experts of the Vienna Union, AGEPI will introduce the abbreviation “CFE(8)” for the figurative elements in the documents sent, the materials published and the trademark registration certificates.
Detailed information on the Vienna Classification for the registration of marks is available at:
At the same time, more details about the included changes can be found here: