In the period from 9 to 11 May 2013, in Iasi were conducted the work of the 5th edition of the European Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation “EUROINVENT 2013”, organized by the Romanian Inventors Forum in collaboration with the Europe Direct Iasi, Association for Ecology and Sustainable Development, Technical University “Gheorghe Asachi” and University “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” of Iasi.
The exhibition brought together scientific researchers, creators of new technologies, outstanding inventors and inventors’ associations from Romania, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Egypt, Iran, Korea, Malaysia, Poland, Moldova, Ukraine, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey.
Moldova’s participation in the exhibition was marked by the presentation of the exhibition stand of the State Agency on Intellectual Property, promotion of marketing and consulting activity on the specifics and advantages of the national intellectual property protection system, the need for protection of intellectual property objects, familiarization of participants with the new amendments to the national intellectual property law, and also presentation of achievements of the national inventors.
In the current edition were presented about 290 inventions, of which 65 by the inventors of the Republic of Moldova. They were mentioned with 24 gold medals, 19 silver medals and eight bronze medals and special prizes:
- the cup for foreign delegations, offered by the State Agency on Intellectual Property;
- the cup for the oldest inventor, offered to Mr. Chintea Pavel, Doctor Habilitate of Chemistry, professor, Institute of Genetics and Plant Physiology of the ASM.
In turn, AGEPI has presented the participants in the forum with its awards and medals, as follows:
AGEPI Cup – to Mr.Andrei-Victor Sandu, main coordinator of the exhibition EUROINVENT 2013, for the invention “Artificial halochambers”, FIR, Iasi;
- Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing and Center of Hearing and Speech for the invention “Telefitting - system of the remote fitting of a cochlear implant’s parameters”, Poland;
- To the group of authors (Pirsan Paul, David Gheorghe, Botau Dorica, Petanec Doru Ion, Imbrea Florin, Botos Lucian) for the invention “The growing corn (Zea mays) technology in “permanent vegetation cover” system”, Timisoara;
- To the group of authors (Vasile Hotea, Vasile Nasui and Cornel Ciupan) for the invention “Linear multiaxial actuator mechanism”, Cluj-Napoca.
Participation in the exhibition “EUROINVENT 2013” was a good opportunity for discussions and meetings with outstanding personalities in the field of science and innovation, with representatives of the institutions responsible for registration of industrial property objects, which warmly welcomed Moldova’s achievements in the field of protection of intellectual creation.