In the period of 22-23 May 2014 in Geneva, Switzerland, the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will organize the Workshop for Mediators in Intellectual Property Disputes.
The aim of the workshop is to familiarize the participants with specific techniques of mediation, the major emphasis is placed on effective communication and understanding. The workshop will consist of lectures and practical mediation exercises in the intellectual property field, participants planning to take an active part in the activities carried out in small groups.
The workshop is designed for lawyers, attorneys, business executives, patents and trademark attorneys, and others wishing to familiarize themselves with the mediation process. Participants must have basic knowledge in the field of intellectual property in general and mediation in particular.
Upon completion of the Workshop, the persons involved will receive Certificates of participation.
- Work program of the workshop (first day: 09.00-18.00 / second day: 09.00-16.00);
- The number of participants will be limited to 28 persons;
- Registration fee is 2,200 Swiss francs (working materials, coffee and lunch breaks);
- WIPO-paid registration fee will be refunded only after registration cancellation before the date of May 10, 2014;
- Event registration will be done online from 10 February;
- Useful information about accommodation possibilities in Geneva you can find by clicking the link: http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/events/practical-information/
For additional information about the workshop, feel free to visit the following link: http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/events/workshops/2014/mediation/
Contact details of the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center:
WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
34, Chemin des Colombettes
1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
Tel: +4122 3388247
Fax: +4122 338 8337
Web page: www.wipo.int/amc/